We started African Travels to make a difference. With every trip you book you do too...
More than 30 years in Africa
William was born in Zimbabwe and being the son of an archaeologist, raised in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and South-Africa. Later he worked as an overland guide from Istanbul to Cape-Town and back, covering more than 12 countries. In 2005 he ran into Marijnke (Dutch) under the Smoke that thunders (Victoria Falls). They run an safari lodge for a while. Deciding later to take their own company one step further by offering personalized Africans tours to a wider audience to enjoy the beauty of Africa. They want to share the vastness of lost Africa and all its beauty by offering this chance of a lifetime to like-minded individuals that share the same passion for sustainability and business on a small scale.
What do we offer?
Fully online, African Travels allows you the convenience of booking an overland tour, 4WD rental, private safari or volunteer project in Africa from anywhere in the world! We always give personal advice and guidance from our own personal experiences. We work with small-scale, reliable partners in Africa. As both lodge managers and overland tour guides in Africa, these partnerships have been established over a long period of time, this means we can personally, put our full trust in the services they provide. We do not work with large corporations, you will never be treated as just another number or profit gain. As a Social Enterprise, our policy is to be as sustainable as possible, in every aspect of our business. We take great pride in keeping Africa as authentic as possible so your experience will be as well.
Who travels with African Travels?
- Adventures and open minded people between the ages of 18 - 65 years
- People who love the outdoor, shopping at the local markets and cooking together
- Single travellers are most welcome as well as couples, friends and families
- All nationalities (Europeans, Australien, American)
African Travels is a Social Enterprise. Social enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community. So when they profit, society profits. In short, a social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being, rather than maximizing profits for external shareholders.
- African Travels works together with local partners
- Local partners reach further than just the work place
- African Travels make as small an impact as possible on the environment and as large an impact as possible on the development of the local employees and surrounding communities
- African Travels advices how to travel as environmentally friendly
- You get a free WakaWaka and you get one to give away to people in need
- On tour they use fresh ingredients from the local markets