4 April 2019
We can’t better the world by ourselves but we can do business in the most sustainable way. At least we try. African Travels is a Social Enterprise. Social enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community. So when they profit, society profits.
Positive Impact Travel
In other words, staying at home doesn’t solve the problem. We believe that tourism can have a possitive impact on local comminities if done in a sustainable way.
- We work together with small scale local partners
- We use small scale accommodations and eco lodges
- Our local partners reach further than just the work place
- We make as small an impact as possible on the environment and as large an impact as possible on the development of the local employees and surrounding communities
- We advice how to travel environmetally friendly
- We use fresh ingredients from the local markets
- You camp most of the time
- We don’t use large corporate African businesses
- You can pack for a purpose
- You can compensate your CO2
- and much more…
There are many blogs written about Positive Impact Tourism, for example: https://soultravelblog.com/positive-impact-travel/
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!