26 May 2015
As you plan your next vacation, you are most likely overwhelmed with how many destination options there are. Sure you can choose the usual “everyone has been there and talks about it all the time” type of places. Or… this year you can do yourself a favor and try something a little different, a lot more adventurous and surprisingly fairly inexpensive! That’s right, overland adventure tours in Africa! Why?
- It won’t break the bank: on average an overland tour will run you around USD 800. This will entirely depend on the length of your tour (most run 30 days) and includes most meals, entry fees for game parks, accommodation (usually camping) and transportation through several of the countries you’ll visit on your tour. When you arrive, there will be a local payment payable in USD. Money from this payment is used for fresh food, other necessities, and most importantly, to ensure that the local community directly benefits from you being there. All in all, it’s cheaper than most cruise holidays, or fancy skiing trips and just as fun, if not more!
- It’s Adventurous: an African overland adventure tour is truly taking a step off the beaten track. While your traveling through Africa on the overland truck, be assured, each day brings new surprises and a different scenic view. At times, some things may not go as planned. Keep in mind Africa is still “wild” in a sense and you can’t always predict mother natures mood swings. Roads get washed away by heavy rains or a tire gets stuck in the sand, but this is all part of the adventure. It’s an opportunity to expand your horizons by accepting new challenges and discovering parts of yourself you may never have believed existed. Or you can just stick to the boring hotel room to rental car routine possibly missing out on the opportunity to see the real you, the adventure you!
- It’s Relatively safe: you’ll be traveling in a group with experienced guides that know the land, the lingo, and the local culture. Behind every tour is our 24 hour personal support here at African Travels. We stay up to date on all political happenings and regularly connect with our partners in Africa to ensure it’s completely safe, anything goes wrong it’s like we’re there with you, solving the problem. However, there are seldom problems that the sun can not dry up or your guide wont do to solve the problem with improvising, if needs be. Just remember when you’re in Africa on the overland truck, you’ll literally be hanging out in your overland tour guides backyard and cruising around in his car!
- It’s Fun: regardless of which African tour you chose, you will be joined by like-minded individuals, eager to share the adventure and the opportunity of a lifetime. Everyday you’ll wake up to friends and work together as a team to get through the day to day. And what does the day to day itinerary look like? Well, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in some pretty amazing activities together: Bungee Jumping, White Water Rafting, Sky Diving, Elephant Back Safari, Marine Wildlife Boat Trip, Sand-boarding, Tandem skydiving, Horseback riding, Snorkeling and Scuba Diving, Dolphin Boat Cruise, Red Colobos Monkey Trek, Gorilla Trekking, Lion walks and much much more. After all of the hard core stuff, it’ll be back to what a vacation is all about, spending downtime around a campfire, sharing stories, and maybe sing a little “Africa” by Toto to wind down relax and ready yourself for the next days offerings.
- It’s Awe-Inspiring: brimming with some of the most beautiful national parks in the world, impressive white sand beaches, a wide range of formidable wildlife species, spectacular sunsets, areas of seemingly endless sand dunes, stretches of land so vast yet still untouched, Africa holds a beauty so unique and diverse it has to be seen to truly grasp and believe. Even then you may find yourself still thinking “this is too good to be true”. As inspiring as the landscapes are the people of Africa. Along your journey, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the locals and learn about each countries unique culture and customs, maybe even adding a new perspective, a new light, on how you view the world you live in!
To give you some inspiration, these are som eof our best seller overland tours in Africa:
- 73 days – The Absolute Safari
Traveling from Nairobi to Cape Town in 73 days visisting Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa!
- 26 days – Simba Sounds
Starts and finishes in Nairobi traveling through Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania in 3,5 weeks
- 24 days – A Taste of Africa
Starts in Kampala (Uganda) and finishes on the tropical island Zanzibar! A perfect combination of wildlife and relaxing beach time.